Setting PowerOLAP Database to Load Automatically on the Server
By design to set a database to load automatically on the PowerOLAP server, follow the steps below:
- In the PowerOLAP Server Control Program - Load the desired database to the PowerOLAP Server
- Once the database has completed loading, Stop the PowerOLAP Server Service
- When you restart the PowerOLAP Server Service the database should load automatically
- To stop the database from automatically loading select the database on the PowerOLAP Server and chose the close option.
**Note - If the server is terminated in an abnormal fashion and does not complete a normal shutdown cycle this may impact the automatic loading of PowerOLAP databases and the root cause of the abnormal termination should be investigated.
Advanced Options - Registry Setting Modification
The following instructions relate to registry settings to automatically load a PowerOLAP databases on the PowerOLAP Server on startup.
- Stop the PowerOLAP Server Service
- On the start menu select run, regedit
- Navigate to the following location and set the value to "1" (repeat for multiple database)
5. Start the PowerOLAP Server Service
Please let me know if this resolves your problem or if you continue to have an issue.