PowerOLAP Designer, Reader, and Writer Client
The PowerOLAP® Designer has the full capabilities of the PowerOLAP® Client including creating dimensions, members, cubes and more. The main feature that is unique to the Designer is the ability to open a database standalone, without the PowerOlap® Server.
Register and Activate the Designer:
1. Start the PowerOLAP® Client, Registration prompt will appear. Select I have been issued a PowerOLAP license and have an ID and Password
2. In the above dialog, enter the PowerOLAP Designer License ID and Password (reference your PowerOLAP licensing document). Once the keys are entered, click OK.
3. Fill out the form completely. After providing the required information, click on the Submit button.
4. This completes the PowerOLAP® Designer software installation and licensing
The PowerOLAP® Writer is very similar to the Designer as it also has the full capabilities of the PowerOLAP® Client including creating dimensions, members, cubes and more. However, the Writer needs to be connected to a PowerOLAP® Server.
The PowerOLAP® Reader is only able to create and view slices. The Reader cannot submit data or make changes to dimensions, members, or cubes Similar to the Writer, the Reader needs to be connected to a PowerOLAP® Server.
Registering the Writer and Reader is the same process and is listed below:
PowerOLAP Client - Register via a Reader/Writer Code
To Register PowerOLAP Client using a PowerOLAP License ID and Password:
1. Launch the PowerOLAP program from the Start Menu.
The PowerOLAP Registration dialog box appears. This will prompt user to select between two options.
2. Select the I was provided a Reader/Writer code by my PowerOLAP Administrator option (first option).
3. Click Continue.
The Licensing Code dialog box appears.
4. Enter the <License ID> and <Code> provided by PARIS Technologies (These Will be identified as the PowerOLAP Server "LicenseID" and "ReaderCode" or "WriterCode".
5. Once the keys are entered, click OK.
The Create New License dialog box appears. This will require you to fill out some information.
6. Completely fill out the form with the required information.
7. Click Submit.
After a moment, the License Codes dialog will pop up.
PARIS Technologies will send you via e-mail the License ID and Password which you will later need to license the software. Check the e-mail address you indicated in the Form you have just submitted.
8. Enter the <License ID> and <password> provided by PARIS Technologies.
9. Click OK.
This completes the PowerOLAP® Client software activation via a Reader/Writer Code.