Linked Spreadsheet Is Showing Database and Dimensions But No Data
If you create a slice out to Excel and your Excel Sheet is showing the Database, Cube, and Dimensions but no data is coming through when you recalculate (shown below):
Go into Regedit and navigate to this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Office > 16.0 (View note, may be different) > Excel > Options.
Note: Please note that the 16.0 is for Microsoft Excel 2016. Excel 2013 would be 15.0 instead. Please navigate to the version of Excel that the user is using
1. Inside there you will find OPEN and OPEN1
2. OPEN should have the the Data of: C:\WINDOWS\system32\PowerOLAP Core.xll (Path may be slightly different if you have 64bit Excel)
3. OPEN1 should have the the Data of: C:\Program Files (x86)\Powerolap\powerolap.xla
4. If OPEN and OPEN1 are switched, Right click and rename them to the proper order.
(Picture below shows them in proper order)
5. Close down all Excel workbooks
6. Manually install the Excel add-ins (Go to Solution: How To Install PowerOLAP Add-Ins Manually)